Bonds, overnight money or even savings books are hardly profitable anymore, share prices have been on a roller coaster for years and gold is at a new high. On the other hand, money is cheaper than ever. No wonder that more and more wealthy Swiss and institutional investors are interested in real estate as a safe investment.
Not everyone is suitable as a real estate investor. Before investing in real estate, every potential investor should - in a relaxed atmosphere and on his own - answer the following questions:
- Am I able to invest my money in the long-term or will I need cash in the foreseeable future?
- Do I have the time to look at various properties offered to me by an estate agent?
- Can I finance any necessary refurbishment and renovation work and coordinate and monitor the necessary work with the craftsmen?
- Do I want and can I take care of the management of my property myself or who will do the daily business for me?
- Am I able to finance a complete property myself or is it perhaps more sensible to purchase only a part of the property?
If you have any doubts in answering these questions honestly, you should not read further. You must be aware that an investment in real estate is always associated with a certain risk. If you are a beginner investor, you can consider investing smaller amounts. However, by investing in a real estate bond, the risk can be spread over numerous properties and many tenants and thus be reduced.